The Layout team at HAZE VFX reports to the supervisor and is responsible for CG camera animation, shot composition and character blocking. You will be producing pre-vis and post-vis CG cameras for our upcoming projects and ensuring they are pipeline ready.
You will be responsible for breaking down 2D storyboards into 3D shots, using production designs and models as reference to build locations and hero props, to block in the position of characters, to select camera angles and to plot camera moves.
About the candidate
- Pro-active and good at problem solving.
- Meticulous and accurate.
- Able to work under pressure on potentially short turn around times.
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a supervisor.
- Organised and able to create tidy scenes for use in the rest of the pipeline.
- Team oriented and have great communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- 1+ years of industry experience within a feature animation film or VFX environment.
- Experience in sequence and shot composition.
- Understanding of practical cameras and camera techniques.
- Experience with previs animation and cameras.
- Thorough understanding of postproduction pipelines.
- Broad 3D generalist experience, comfortable with matchmove, asset build and lighting.
- A good working knowledge of Maya.
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills.